Easy to make, the best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are soft, fluffy and moist!
Filled with chocolate chips and fresh bananas this warm treat can be enjoyed by your family on any given day. Not only is this quick and easy to make but only requires a few pantry staples.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Banana chocolate chips muffins are a super easy recipe that is made with simple ingredients.
- They are fluffy and moist with a sweet banana flavor and a few jolts of delicious semi-sweet AND milk chocolate chips!
- They are a good way to use up ripe bananas and they freeze well for later!
- They are great not just for breakfast but are a great after school snack. They even make a nice little dessert when warmed up and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The sky is the limit for these tasty muffins.
Ingredients & Variations
Similar to the ingredients found in a classic banana bread with the addition of chocolate chips!
For this recipe we use all purpose flour. You can also substitute up to 1/3 of the flour with quick oats with great results!
Adding chocolate chips makes for the perfect sweet treat. Mini chips, white chocolate chips or even milk chocolate chips will work in this recipe too!
This recipe is a perfect way to use up overripened bananas! If your bananas aren’t quite ready you can ripen them quickly by popping them in a 350°F oven for 10-15 mins wrapped in foil!
You can also add in up to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to make peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins! Yum!
When it comes to measuring flour, don’t use your measuring cups to scoop it out of the bag or container, rather use a spoon or scoop to scoop it into this measuring cup. This helps to avoid muffins that are too dense. Check out this How to Measure Flour guide for more helpful tips!
How to Make Banana Muffins
Mixing these treats up will take only a few minutes out of a busy day!
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Add both kinds of chocolate chips.
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl. Slowly add dry to wet until just combined (do not overmix).
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Muffin Baking Times
- For mini muffins, bake 14 to 16 minutes
- For regular-sized muffins, bake 18 to 20 minutes
- For Texas (jumbo) sized muffins, bake 20 to 22 minutes
How to Store
The best way to store banana chocolate chip muffins is to keep them in a zippered bag or an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep about 5 days.
To freeze, either wrap them individually in a layer of plastic wrap under a layer of aluminum foil or put them in a zippered bag with the date on it and pop them in the freezer! A frozen muffin will be defrosted by lunchtime for a delicious surprise! Easy peasy!
More Easy Banana Recipes
Did you enjoy these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are the perfect combination of bananas and chocolate chips for a great grab-and-go treat!
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
Combine sugar, bananas, egg, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Pour into prepared muffin tin and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
Cool 5 minutes in the pan before removing and cooling on a baking rack.
For regular-sized muffins, bake 18 to 20 minutes
For Texas (jumbo) sized muffins, bake 20 to 22 minutes
Serving: 1muffin, Calories: 263, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 197mg, Potassium: 109mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 36IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 1mg
Keyword banana chocolate chip muffins, best banana chocolate chip muffins, how to make banana chocolate chip muffins