Chopped Chicken Quinoa Salad is a meal-in-a-bowl that’s great on-the-go!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
Is there such a thing as too many chicken recipes? Asking, uh, for a friend?
Haha, just kidding. Of course there isn’t. Because let’s be real. Everyone is always ready for another chicken dish, right? So yeah, I did notice that this is my third chicken post in a row, but to be fair, each one is more amazing than the next, so I KNOW y’all don’t mind.Mind? You should all be thrilled because this recipe right here? It’s a FULL MEAL that you can prep ahead and even take it with you for a meal on the go!
Btw, funny story. When I first made this recipe, my cleaning lady was out my house. Because she spends so much timing washing dishes and cleaning the messes made from my recipes, the least I can do is offer her a taste of them. She enjoys them, for the most part, but this one? She was super into it. Asked me what it was, then asked me how to make it, what quinoa is, where you buy it, etc. So basically, she’s as big a fan as I am. You will be too.
Pssst! Got some leftover chicken? Good news. You can cube it up and give it new life in this fantastic salad!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and more!
Click here to signup.
Chopped Chicken Quinoa Salad
Author: Miriam Pascal, OvertimeCook.com
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup raw quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint cherry pr grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2-3 grilled chicken cutlets, diced (see note below for recipes to use)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (low fat okay)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, peppers, chicken and avocado in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing until evenly distributed.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Note: Salad can be prepared a day or two ahead of time. For best results, add avocado just before serving.
Are you following @overtimecook on Instagram yet?
Note about the grilled chicken: Use leftover chicken, your favorite grilled chicken recipe, or one of these for a fantastic flavor match.
Liked this recipe? You will also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! I know you’ll love this recipe! – Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com