This super easy mushroom gravy recipe is perfect for chicken, pork chops, beef, steak, or even to spoon over pasta!
Every home cook needs an easy homemade mushroom gravy recipe in their recipe files!
Mushroom Gravy Ingredients
This is one of our favorite recipes because it is SO easy to make and takes just a few minutes to put together.
MUSHROOMS Use any kind of fresh mushrooms! Cremini, portabello, or white mushrooms will all work!
No WINE? No problem! Wine is optional but really does add more flavor if you have some on hand. If not you can leave it out.
BROTH Beef broth is used in this recipe for its savory flavor. Vegetable or mushroom broth can be used.
How to Make Mushroom Gravy
Bubbly and savory mushroom gravy takes just minutes to make. It’s ready in a few easy steps!
- Cook Mushrooms garlic & in butter (per recipe below).
- Add wine making sure to scrape up any brown bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Add flour & seasoning and cook 1 min.
- Add broth slowly & whisk until the gravy is smooth & velvety.
- If using dried mushrooms, add them to warm water and let them soak about 25-30 minutes. Give them a rinse to remove any debris.
- If you’d like to use the soaking liquid, strain it through a coffee filter to remove any debris.
- Add broth slowly stirring until smooth after each addition. It will be thick at first but will thin out nicely.
- Cornstarch can be used in place of flour by creating a slurry. Prepare as directed skipping the flour. Before serving, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Slowly drizzle the cornstarch into the simmering mixture while whisking until thickened.
- For creamy mushroom gravy, add 1/4 cup or so heavy cream and simmer a couple of minutes.
Entrees to Serve With Mushroom Gravy
Did your family love this Mushroom Gravy? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Homemade Mushroom Gravy is creamy & full of flavor. Serve over pork chops or baked chicken!
Cook the onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add wine and cook until evaporated.
Add flour & salt & pepper to taste. Cook 1 minute.
Add broth, a bit at a time stirring after each addition until gravy reaches desired thickness.
Simmer 2 minutes. Season and serve.
Cornstarch can be used in place of flour by creating a slurry. Prepare the recipe as directed skipping the flour. Before serving, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Slowly drizzle the cornstarch into the simmering mixture while whisking until thickened.
For creamy mushroom gravy, add 1/4 cup or so heavy cream and simmer a couple of minutes.
Calories: 133, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 300mg, Potassium: 535mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 262IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 5mg, Iron: 1mg
Keyword best Mushroom Gravy, how to make Mushroom Gravy, Mushroom Gravy, Mushroom Gravy Recipe