No need to wait for cookies to be baked with this edible cookie dough recipe!
This egg-free edible cookie dough has heat-treated flour meaning it’s perfect to eat right out of the bowl!
Easy Edible Cookie Dough
We love this decadent snack because it’s so sweet and packed with all the raw, buttery sugary goodness edible cookie dough has to offer!
This recipe is made simple with chocolate chips but get creative… add your favorite nuts, candies or sprinkles! Endless possibilities.
Or do what I do, just eat it with a spoon!
Ingredients and Variations
FLOUR I use all-purpose flour in this recipe and bake it to kill any bacteria. Let the flour cool before proceeding with the recipe so it doesn’t melt the butter.
BUTTER & SUGAR What would cookie dough be without it?
Real butter always tastes best, but feel free to sub coconut oil if dairy is off the menu. Brown sugar & white sugar are combined for perfect flavor! Use real vanilla if you have it, since this isn’t baked you can taste the hint of vanilla.
Of course, chocolate chip cookie dough needs chocolate chips! But feel free to try peanut butter chips, white or caramel chips, or any other favorite!
We adore this recipe for all the fun mix-ins that can be added to the dough!
- We love chopped and toasted nuts
- Try chopped pieces of raisin, cranberries, or even some toasted coconut!
- Even a sprinkling of colored sugar or some rice crispies for extra crunch will give these Nestle knock-offs a run for their money!
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough
Heat-treat the flour before beginning this recipe to avoid any possibility of flour contamination. Toast flour spread out on a cookie sheet at 350°F. Let the flour cool completely, then use it in your recipe.
- Beat butter and add sugars, milk, and vanilla.
- Add flour in small batches until mixed through. Add mix-ins or chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls or a log and slice into uniform pieces.
Edible cookie dough definitely stands on its own, it’s so rich and buttery, it’ll be a family favorite!
- The ratios in this cookie dough aren’t suitable for baking (but you can find our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe here).
- Make sure the flour is completely cooled before adding to the recipe so the butter doesn’t melt!
- Edible cookie dough will a few weeks in the refrigerator as long as it’s kept in a zippered bag or sealed container.
- It will keep fresh even longer in the freezer, with the date labeled on the outside.
More No-Bake Desserts
Did you love this Edible Cookie Dough? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Recipe Adapted from Cookie Dough Brownies, SpendWithPennies.com, 2014
Edible Cookie Dough
This Edible Cookie Dough is sweet, decadent, and full of chocolate chips!
Cook and cool flour per notes below.
Beat butter with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add sugars and continue beating until combined.
Mix in milk and vanilla. Add flour a little bit at a time until incorporated and the dough reaches desired consistency. You may not need all of it.
Fold in chocolate chips and enjoy!
If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the recipe.
Use any add-ins you’d like in place of chocolate chips.
This cookie dough is not intended to be baked.
Calories: 277, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 114mg, Potassium: 35mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 22g, Vitamin A: 387IU, Calcium: 31mg, Iron: 1mg
Keyword best edible cookie dough, Edible Cookie Dough, Edible Cookie Dough recipe, How to make edible cookie dough