Roasted Sweet Potatoes are perfectly tender inside, crisp and caramelized on the outside.
This side dish is extra easy to make. Simply peel, cube, seasoning, and roast to tender-crisp perfection.
An Easy Side Dish
Much like our usual roasted potatoes, there is no need for fancy ingredients or cooking methods when it comes to preparing these.
These are great served hot out of the oven but I often cool them (or use leftovers) to add to my favorite fall salads, pasta salads or to add to quinoa salad!
To Prep Sweet Potatoes
To Peel or Not to Peel? I do eat the skins of baked sweet potatoes and the skins would be fine in this recipe too. While there is no need to peel them before roasting I usually do.
- Peel skin (or scrub well if you want to leave the skin on
- Cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Season well per the recipe below (and add olive oil to help them crisp)
How to Make Roasted Sweet Potatoes
If you want to make roasted sweet potato wedges or fries, then simply cut them into the appropriate shapes and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat: Preheat the oven.
- Season: Toss with olive oil and season (per recipe below).
- Roast: Bake in until the inside is soft and the outside is golden and crispy!
- Parchment paper makes for easier clean-up but I find they crisp much better when cooked directly on the baking sheet!
- If you’re cutting into larger pieces or wedges, cooking time may need to be adjusted.
- Cook just until caramelized on the outside and fork-tender inside.
How Long to Roast Sweet Potatoes
Roast cubed sweet potato cubes for 35-40 minutes in a 400˚F oven. If you are preparing roasted sweet potato fries or wedges, cook about 25-35 minutes in a 400˚F oven (depending on how thick they are cut).
Sweet Potatoes can be cubed and baked at a lower temperature. Note that times can vary slightly based on the size/shape potatoes are cut.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes
- Bake at 375°F for 40-50 minutes
- Bake at 400°F for 35-40-50 minutes
When you get in the “what do I serve with dinner” blues, roasted sweet potatoes are simple to prepare with minimal ingredients.
More Sweet Potato Faves
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sweet and savory, these tender roasted sweet potatoes are going to be a family favorite!
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cut potatoes into 1″ cubes and toss with olive oil and seasonings.
Roast on a baking sheet for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring after the first 20 minutes.
Serve hot with sour cream or cool and add to salad
If you’re cutting into larger pieces or wedges, cooking time may need to be adjusted.
Cook just until caramelized on the outside and fork-tender inside.
Calories: 258, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 125mg, Potassium: 764mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 32175IU, Vitamin C: 5.4mg, Calcium: 68mg, Iron: 1.4mg
Keyword best roasted sweet potato recipe, how to roast sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes recipe