This easy recipe for honey chicken is a family favorite! Tender chunks of chicken are cooked crisp and tossed in a sweet and spicy honey glaze.
Now you can make your own take out a home! Serve over a bowl of rice for the perfect meal!
Take Out at Home
Chicken is cooked in a crispy cornstarch coating and tossed with an easy honey sauce.
We love this honey chicken because it’s a restaurant menu favorite that can be made at home!
CHICKEN For this recipe, we use chicken breast chopped into bite-sized pieces, but you can also use chicken thighs and get the same amazing results!
SAUCE Honey adds the sweetness to this recipe while a bit of ginger and garlic add flavor.
GARNISH Green onions, sesame seeds, even toasted crushed peanuts with some chili paste can make a delicious garnish!
Serve Honey Chicken over fluffy rice to sop up all the sauce!
How to Make Honey Chicken
- Season chicken, toss in corn starch.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Panfry chicken and set asdie.
- Cook sauce according to the recipe below. Toss with chicken.
- Love spice? Add chili flakes or extra sriracha.
- No chicken breast? Use cubed pork tenderloin or even chicken or turkey meatballs (skip the Italian style seasoning in your meatball recipe).
- Add chunks of bell pepper, onion or pineapple.
- For a fun appetizer, sprinkle honey chicken with sesame seeds and set them in an attractive serving dish with a garnish of sliced green onions. Place a small jar of wooden picks in the center of the platter so guests can grab and go!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through.
More Take-Out at Home
Did your family love this Honey Chicken? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Honey Chicken is loaded with tender pieces of chicken tossed in a sweet & spicy sauce!
Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, season with salt & pepper and toss with cornstarch.
Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken in small batches and cook until no pink remains, about 5-6 minutes. Set chicken aside in a bowl.
Add sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer 1 minute.
Stir in chicken and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave until heated through.
Calories: 347, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 37g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 1047mg, Potassium: 672mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 23g, Vitamin A: 51IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 1mg
Keyword best honey chicken recipe, Honey Chicken, honey chicken recipe, how to make Honey Chicken